On the 9th March 2018, The Thailand Research Fund (TRF) and Thai-Journal Citation Index Centre (TCI) hosted the award and certificate ceremony, at which the event was for both the Thai journals accepted by the Scopus database, and for the outstanding editors of 2018 at The 12th TCI Symposium on Thai Scholarly Journals at Ambassador Hotel, Bangkok.
This year, Mahidol’s continuous laborious effort paid off, three (out of another ten) journals getting accepted by the Scopus database. This is categorized into three different areas, in accordance with the Thailand 4.0 Country Development plan.
1) Environment and Natural Resources Journal by Faculty of Environment and Resource Studies, Mahidol University
2) Pharmaceutical Sciences Asia by Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University
3) Journal of Population and Social Studies by Institute for Population and Social Research, Mahidol University
Also, four professors from Mahidol University received certificates and fund as an outstanding editor of 2018. The list is as follows.
1) Assoc. Prof. Benjaphorn Prapagdee, Ph.D., Faculty of Environment and Resource Studies, Mahidol University
2) Assoc. Prof. Mullika Chomnawang, Ph.D., Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University
3) Prof. Churnrurtai Kanchanachitra, Ph.D., Institute for Population and Social Research, Mahidol University (Certificate received by Assoc. Prof. Rossarin Gray, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Population and Social Research, Mahidol University)
4) Assoc. Prof. Montip Tiensuwan, Ph.D., Faculty of Science, Mahidol University
That the Thai journals got approved into the database of Scopus reinforces the progress of Thailand’s researching skills, including 1) identifying research problems, 2) better understanding towards research procedures, and 3) increasing the number of research publications. The three developments are significant for the implementation of future innovations both in national and international schemes.