Policies for paper and plastic usage reductionsMahidol University policy to reduce paper consumption aim to decrease by 15 percent in the year 2017
1. MU 3R policy
Office of the president have a plastic bag usage reduction campaign
- Tumbler Project
Mahidol University Salaya are proud the "Tumbler Project" and wound like to encourage everyone to bring your own mugs, glasses or cups to buy hot/cold beverages and get the discount at the following shops.
Shops at International College save 1-5 Baht discount
- Chicky Chick 1 Baht discount (only beverage)
- For You Smoothies 2 Baht discount
- Get A 3 Baht discount
- Inthanin Coffee 5 Baht discount
Nan Coffee House at Division of Physical System and Development save 2 Baht discount
Sole House at Faculty of Environment and Resource Study Save 2 Baht discount
- Green marketRead More..
Recycle Bin and Toxic Waste Bin Faculty of Science,
Waste segregation campaign
2. Mahidol Eco University MeetingLink : Mahidol ECO University
3. Waste Separation and Storage Plant
4. Recycle Bank
Initiated by the Deputy Director of the Physical and Environment System who foresee the emerging garbage problem as an important environmental issue that requires collaboration from everyone and every organization, Mahidol University as an leading academic institution thus contributes to the environmental campaign in reducing the social and global garbage burden by launching the Garbage Recycle Bank Project. The university hopes to become the prototype for other organizations to follow. The aims of the Recycle Bank Project are as follows:
- To promote the responsible conscious and care for the society and environment as well as the habit in separating the garbage for students and university personnel.
- Create participatory scheme for the students and staff to take part in environmental protection on campus through reduction in waste and garbage.
- To effectively manage the garbage and create added value to the garbage.
- Build the positive image for the university to be an education institution that cares for the society and environmental problem.
The staff, students, organization, and store owners may deposit their recyclable garbage at the Environmental Conservation Building, Physical and Environmental Division during official hours every Friday. The Garbage Recycle Bank will issue a passbook on that day, and the depositor may withdraw that amount of money immediately or accumulate for later withdrawal.
Pricing of the Items Deposited into the Garbage Bank
|Items||List||Purchasing price (Baht / Kg)|
|1||A4 paper (black/white)||6.50|
|4||Notebook and book||1.50|
|7||Clear plastic water bottle||12.00|
|8||Turbid plastic water bottle||19.00|
|9||Mixed plastic containers||9.00|
|11||Mixed glass bottles||1.00|
|12||Other types of aluminum container||3.00|
|15||Clean plastic bag||4.00|
*** Effective August 04, 2014 – September 30, 2014***
Waste Management and Cleanliness Committee Announcement
The costs of recycled material, Tram transport maps